Friday, August 8, 2008

Top it off with a little Barry White!

I am convinced that, at least those of you who responded the last post, did not understand the underlying feelings of FAILURE when I realized I was not going to get fired!! So I attempted again today to see how close to that line I could get. In honor of Valentine’s Day today I planned a special activity. Since we are in the thick of a unit on human genetics, the study human heredity, the passing to traits onto our offspring, I thought it only fitting to “make babies” on this the day of Valentine’s. At the beginning of class we had a brief ceremony where each couple walked the center aisle, entering into a temporary covenant with each other. Though I'm not a proponent, we did have a couple of “alternative” partnerships. After the ceremony we commenced into the “baby makin.” The ownership that the students took in these “children” in the naming process and even “loving them despite their unibrows” was comical. Coming up with rules of the “house…” especially when these “dads” found out they had daughters!! There were even some Valentine’s that were floating around between “parents.” The only thing that would have topped this activity off would have been a little Barry White, “Let’s Get it On!” If only I would have known the principal would be out in the annexes…I would have looked harder for a copy!!!

No comments: