Friday, August 8, 2008

I HEART Spring Break!!

My life has begun again!! Spring break is in full swing...and thus far I have been loving every minute of it. This week Ben's parents were in town for a visit. However, for them I am not sure they saw it as just a visit, because we worked them like dogs!! Ben and his dad tackled the project of the converting the original kitchen BACK into the kitchen. Since the realtor that we brought the house from was convinced one of the main reasons this house was so hard to sell was the fact that the kitchen is in the butler's pantry. Ben is not done yet, but his dad helped him get to the point where one person can finish it. To you Dave, we say THANK YOU!





Well the men were busy plotting and building, I took my mother-in-law out on an adventure that by no standards can ever be considered "fun." We went shopping for fabric to make curtains for our new stripped and painted dinning room. So approximately 4.5 hours , two fabric stores, and one grocery store later we had fabric and spent the next while later trying to figure out the ever so evasive instructions for making the curtains. I am not done yet, but Jan helped me get to the point where one person can finish. To you Jan, I say THANK YOU! That same night we did have the most FANTASTIC meal of ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits...what a great way to end the never ending day!! We must include a "family" picture ALL of us dressed in our Easter best...thanks to Sarah and Aunt Beth, even Moses had an Easter outfit!!

No comments: