Friday, August 8, 2008

Celebrating 2 whole years of wedded bliss... or is it 3?

Awaited by great anticipation and requiring only minor cajoling, I am publishing the aforementioned blog about our celebration of 2 years of blissful matrimony (which I mistakenly recounted recently as 3 and a half years... it HAS seemed much longer... but I count it all bliss--choosing not to recite the idiosyncrasies of my spouse--I'll let you get that from the pictures ;-)So the first celebratory venture was picking blueberries west of town. Unbeknown it was the first day, we WAITED IN LINE to PICK BLUEBERRIES for 45 minutes. However, it was well worth the wait... or weight... especially for the price (which I also lowered by quaffing an extra 3 pounds in my stomach--which also keeps the berries around for a few more days at home during recovery.
Then it was off to the city. We took the train up and stayed for two nights... relaxing and doing whatever we wanted... even sitting in Starbucks for 2 hours one morning, reading the newspaper... nothing else to do... no projects... no chandeliers... nothing! We enjoyed some fantastic Chicago dining and during the day, we took in some pretty impressive people watching by the lake!
We visited "the bean" and walked through the gardens in Millennium Park.

Our last stop was a movie on the lawn in Grant Park... watching "All About Eve" with our newfound friends who gave ample notification (and entertainment) to those around them when all the "big lines" were coming. "Fasten your seatbelts... it's gonna be a bumpy ride." All in all, it was a fantastic weekend (all thanks to priceline.com... the new sponsor of our blog).

No comments: