Hey... it's Ben, the resident ombudsman of the blog.
First of all, I would like to clear up any confusion about my wife's teaching style. After speaking with my mother-in-law this morning (she's among the best, I might add), it came to may attention that some may read into Kate's writing style as slightly exaggerated at times. I assure you that I indeed edit any and all exaggeration for accuracy. I would like to assure you that she really does yell at her students and occasionally put them down (only when appropriate) as reported verbatim in the blog (e.g. the previous post). In all reality, she IS trying to be fired from her job as a "teacher in a trailer" and my only concern is that we can remain on some sort of insurance policy without writing to Oprah to get ourselves on public aid.
Now, onto my own musings. While eating dinner with my gorgeous wifey tonight, I had somewhat of an embarrassing epiphany... we are definitely not the college students we used to be. After a tiresome debate about how old I am a few weeks ago, I finally ceded to the idea that I am 26 (that would make me 27 this year, which is SO much closer to 30 than 26... I would now like to apply the brakes a bit).
Regardless, I must tell you about Kate's and my first "senior moment" this past Fall when we left the house for... wait for it... the sole purpose of "checking out" the new grocery store--stopping by the "alma mater" to see the new cement-work and landscaping. Now, if that was not "senior" enough for you, after this next story you'll wonder why we have not yet applied for AARP!
Tonight, I decided to take my wife on a date... no special reason, albeit her tireless support as I sit in this chair and work every evening (I don't think I've cooked a meal in a few months!) Anyways... our second senior moment (besides the usual going to bed by 9 every night) dawned on us when we were sitting tonight AT CRACKER BARREL after going to a 4:15 MOVIE (the only time we can go to a movie that we do not sleep through it!) If that wasn't enough, I was wrapped in my coat the whole time complaining that it was too cold!
I would also like to share to my other "senior" friends who do not yet qualify, that Wendy's has free coffee--for everyone... just a foretaste of the glory divine to come in retirement! Well off to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment