Friday, August 8, 2008

Mr. President

Benjamin and I have been married for two years, two years that can be summed up in two simple words..."learning experience!!" I have learned everything from the proper way to load the silverware tray in the dishwasher, to proper techniques for keeping the least amount of moisture in the bathroom. Most recently one of my favorite teachable moments came in the form of appropriate national holidays that lend themselves to the flying of the American flag. I recently received a phone call from my beloved about 7:15 am to inform me that its Father's Day and I can put the flags out. Who knew that Father's Day warranted THE flag...my husband knew AND felt it to be of the utmost to call home and get me to fly the flag!!
As for the 4th of July we not only flagged it up, but thanks to Gayle we also had those banister flag things. Needless to less our house was totally AMERICA for the 4th. Ben and I were not the only ones that were oh so proud to be an American...Moses also got into the spirit of the day. He came out onto the porch in all of his state and with enough attitude that it warranted the newest title of Mr. President, to which he had no objections! Ben said, "Well, if Moses is president than I guess that makes you vice president!" I said, "Well, if I am vice president than you must be the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE!!" Ironic isn't it...

No comments: