Friday, August 8, 2008

Slight Marital Concern

After all that work on the dinning room, all that sweat, all those tears, all those long hours, all those accidental security alarm trips...and my husband goes and puts a 1982 gold, glass, and plastic sanctuary attempt at a chandelier in what was just starting to shape up into a room I didn't mind spending some extended periods of time in... I have some pictures but they don't do the nasty trash any justice. I don't care that it was free, I don't care that it will stay with the house, I don't care that it was free, I don't care that you could paint it, I don't care that it was free, I don't care that you cleaned it up, I don't care that it was free..... A) True it will be staying with this house B) Paint is NOT the issue, the issue is that it looks like what it is...a free chandelier from my parents church C) Cleaning the plastic pieces only made the fact that it BLINDS you even worse D) Putting a dimmer on it is not going to solve the UGLY, all that will do is keep us from having to warn guests to not look into the dinning room without protective eye wear!! E) I would PAY money to the put the ceiling fan back up!!!But hey my husband really likes this chandelier!! So I am going to put it to a blog vote...see poll to the right of the screen...the fate of the chandelier could POSSIBLY be in your hands...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allow me to be the first to vote: I like the chandelier, but I wouldn't put it in the dining room. It doesn't quite go. I think I would go for something with more brass, less glass (or plastic?). So, there. One point for each of you. (It's all about compromise after all, isn't it?! Kate, let him keep it. He can hang it up in his office. And you can get one you like for the dining room... from the store... or perhaps a garage sale...)