One of the sweet joys of teaching is the hope and excitement that surrounds a possible snow day!! Hope and excitement were running rampant on Thursday all over school, among students, teachers, and administration. I tried not to get my hopes up, but lets face it...how can you help it, honestly!! So Thursday night I plugged in my phone to make sure that I had a good charge on it...you know...just in case. But then, I believe the excitement, or Moses, got the best of me because I was up at 4:22 am just waiting and waiting and waiting. Then like of sound of heavenly hosts, the glorious melody of my Asian inspired ring tone, met my baited ear at approximately 5:09 am!! I have never received such blessed news as the sound of the assistant principal, "BBCHS has been closed due to inclement weather. If you would like to repeat this message...." NO NEED I HAVE HEARD ALL I NEED TO HEAR!! I tried to fall back asleep but to no avail, I got up and made coffee and Ben and I went out to shovel the driveway.
This is my "I HEART SNOW DAYS" heart!!
I know that are some that loath the shoveling...but hey shoveling 7 inches of snow of an hour more than makes up for 7 hours of SCHOOL!! So after the shoveling you may be asking yourself, "what does one do on a snow day." Well, I heart snow days so much that I am about to let you in on the wonders of SNOW DAYS. First I made a killer breakfast and packed Ben a lunch...poor guy...he had to go to work. I never knew how much life outside of the educational system STINKS!! Once he left, it was time to send off Kaylynn for the day...poor girl...just another one lost...so far from snow days!! I had the house to myself! To start off my day, I made the bed, like I meant it!!! Not like I was in a hurry or not like I didnt mean to make it, which are often comments I get from the "Bed Making Master." But this time I took my time and did it well...I mean I had ALL SNOW DAY!!
Once the bed was made Moses and I decided to tackle a project...making curtains for the kitchen. Once I figured out the sewing machine...again...its like riding a bike...we got to work! Well, I got to work, Moses well he...
Then, suddenly in the midst of the curtain adventure I was interupted by the sound of a struggling motor outside. I went to the window and found the mailman goind SIDEWAYS down our street. The residential roads still had yet to see a snowplow but the mail must go on, and this poor guy was doing all he could to get down our side street that only has two houses on it!! It took the man 20 mins to get down the road...did I mention SIDEWAYS!!
Then it was back to the cutains, which from beginning to end was the better portion of my day. But 7 hours later we had cutains in the kitchen!! I'm sorry but I just can't hold back...I AM AMAZING with that machine!! True, I could still use some practice with straight lines but honestly how important is that really?? Here are the fruits of my labor...here is a before picture and now with the greatest curtains in the whole entire world!!
Pre...the world's greatest curtains!!
Yes...I AM VERY PROUD!! Ben did come home at noon, becuase Olivet finally wised up and realized that people probably shouldn't be out. So, Ben worked on paper most of the SNOW DAY and then did the same thing all day Saturday. But by Saturday night he was ready for a project...I think he was jealous of my mad skills so he needed to do something that would highlight his mad skills. So last night he busted out my Christmas present to him, which were some framed pictures of our trip to Africa, along with a level, yardstick, nails, and a thumbtack. Moses also assited Ben in his home improvement endevours...such a helper he is!!
No comments:
Post a Comment