Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Week 15 - Advancing through the stages of fruit cocktail!!

The babe:

Our little bean is actually now a large pear, about 4" long and weighs 2.5 ounces. The legs are finally longer than the arms (biggest plus of the week) and all the joints are functional. The babe is increasingly more active and my swimmers like to rub the belly to try and get the babe to react (which I am sue is happening but alas I feel nothing)! The skeleton is hardening up (in preparation for those reckless "we are not supposed to do this" stunts, which if they take after their mother are sure to follow) and the babe is ditching the Whoopi look by growing in eyebrows. The heart continues to work hard, pumping up to 25 quarts of blood through the body each day. The lanugo we discussed in Week 13 is now covering the body and will likely remain there until close to full term. Hair patterns are starting to form (if we are lucky, not a lot of dice to roll there)!!



Me:

Just when you think you are out of the clear and can stop taking the anti-nausea medication...you realize just how much you rely on the stuff. Yes, I thought I was all good, stopped the regimen, and start puking all over again, started the regimen back up and have been fine!! The belly is every growing and almost at no moment is it not visible. I had a male student say to me to the other day:

Male student: "Aw, Miss K you are showing!!" (yes it was a male student!!)
Me: "Yeah, thanks for pointing that out!"
Male student: "So how far along are you?"
Me: "14 weeks"
Male student: "Oh.... so what is menopause anyway?"
Male student #2 from the back of the room: "No, that's when old ladies start sweating!!"




** I guess this is what you do when your pregnant...take "belly shots"...and since it does not appear that the belly is getting any smaller, we thought it time to share!! And, yes I know this is only 15 weeks...but hey I still haven't gained any weight back...this has to all just be a rearrangement/growth of organs!!**

Ben:

Is apparently still reeling about hearing the heartbeat because he is still telling that story to just about anyone that will listen. Yeah, he picks a story for the week and runs with it. The fact that our babe has a heartbeat stuck for two weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, but in my defense, I have not seen Kate long enough to know what has been going on in the last few weeks. Many of you read the blog before I do... to find out what indeed is going on... I don't think marriage books encourage delayed communication through blogging... I guess I'll have to work on that. Anyways, isn't she cute? (you wouldn't believe how "photoshoot" the process was... "move your elbow... lift the sweater up a little more..." etc. My new favorite thing is feeling the belly... moving it around (seriously... it appeared overnight!)

jlchap33 said...

Ben ... it's new technology ... I am pretty sure your course on communication through blogging is in your next year at school. :-)

Yes, Kate, you look cute! I'm jealous people were pretty sure I was just fat ... not pregnant! haha

I will call you this afternoon!

Love you all
Aunt Bekah

Brittany said...

In no time at all, you are going to look back at how small and 'skinny' you are in this photo and be totally jealous of yourself! Wish I could be there for you sweetie!