The Babe:
Nearing the end of first three months, the babe is now fully formed. Still tiny, though -- at about 2.5" the length of an iPod Nano. The babe's job for the next six months is to strengthen all the systems that we have worked so hard to set in place. Brain configuration is nearly complete as the synapses start forming. The pituitary gland is starting to produce hormones: growth hormone, prolactin and more. The babe's heart is hard at work, pumping several quarts of blood through the body every day!
In addition, the babe's kidneys are developed enough to start filtering liquid -- which means we are getting a head start on those dirty diapers. The urine will actually become part of the amniotic fluid. Yes, that seems dirty to me too, but I always thought my child would would not be grossed out easily!! The babe is starting to look more human now as well: the eyes have moved closer together on the face and the ears are nearing their final resting places on the sides of the head (all major bonuses). All this development means the babe can now respond to external stimulation -- the babe may squint at a bright light, open and close it's mouth or give us a show of jazz hands (definitely Ben's influence).
Me:
Well, my left eye seems to be under control and the blood has pretty well drained, it is just a nasty yellow tint now. The right eye is still bloody, but less than last week. Though I blew another deep in the eye so I not only have red on the bottom but purple on the top...CLASSY if you ask me! Again, I just tell my students it is the fire that put within me trying to find a way out!!
Ode to the nausea, yeah it is still there, but the puking is still less often. In fact, yesterday I went the whole day without a single explosion!! I know, it is a new set of goal setting these days! I am praying and EXPECTING that this is my last week of feeling like this. This time next week when I am writing I will be having the greatest day of my pregnant life!!!
Ben:
Oh my love...no new story here. He is still pressing on and joining me in prayer for the LAST week of sickness!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment