Though it will be a while before we hear them (thankfully, I am sure we will get our fair share of listening to the child that is the combination of the two of us), little Pavoratti's vocal cords are already developing, preparing to belt out that first anthem of childhood: the healthy wailing that accompanies the babe into the world. The babe's cozy home in the amniotic sac continues to expand, (which is becoming clearly evident)-- and is a whopping 3” in length at this point, which is about the size of a large lemon. The babe will start to develop a covering of fine hairs known as lanugo this week, and it's senses of taste and smell are even further refined (not sure what the babe is doing with those at this point). Also being refined are the whorls and loops that make up that unique identifier we all have: fingerprints. The pancreas is functioning as well (which means the babe is secreting insulin), and has even developed the villi in the intestines that will help digest food.
And finally this week, the intestines will make the move into the abdominal cavity (major plus of the week) -- previously they lived in the umbilical cord as they waited for room in the abdomen.

Me:
Today my fingers are crossed for I should be feeling worlds better...though things are not looking up at the moment! The eye update is good. There is only one red spot remaining and nobody even comments/freaks out about them anymore. I am down another pound this week, for a grand total of -13 lbs. I was describing what it is I look like these days to a friend of mine and I am pretty sure it went like this, "I look like a malnourished child, losing weight with a bloated belly." I have actually been able to fit into pants that I haven't been able to wear in years, the only minor technicality is that I can't button them. But, they look better than swimming in my regular pants. Keep up the prayers that the vomiting and nausea stop this week!!
Ben:
Still holding strong, though I think all of this might finally be starting to wain on him a bit. But, I truly believe that he is handling all this like a champ. I really am so grateful that I have the husband that I do!! This weekend he is taking a father-son trip up to Wisconsin to go hunting. This will be a great thing for him to get away from all the work and vomiting that fills his days and nights and just have fun with his dad!!
1 comment:
Kate I have to say that is the scrauniest looking child I have seen. But I expected nothing less from Ben, you on the other hand were never considered scrauny right from birth. Gma made you an outfit to come home in and it was to small. Can't wait for his/her arrival! Love you all Mom
Post a Comment