Friday, November 21, 2008

Week 18 - Guacamole...I always did really like it!

The Babe:
Our bantam edition is the size of a large avocado this week. The retinas on the eyes have formed, which means that if I were to shine a bright light at the babe, it would result in shielding of eyes. And, starting now, the babe is probably having some first experiences with hiccups. Potentially up to 2-3 times a day! I think hiccups are weird when I have them, let alone another life-form inside of me having them!!
Myelin is starting to form around the nerves, like a sort of insulation, and will continue to do so until about 2 years of age. Our baby has become quite the talent in these past few weeks: now yawning, swallowing, kicking and making faces on a regular basis (I guess the babe already takes after Ben)!!

Me:
Another clean week. There were two days in there that I experimented with not taking the chemo meds...and...I am back on the chemo meds! I, myself, purchased my first (clearance rack of course) maternity shirts...however, still haven't had the nerve to wear them in public yet! But by the looks of it and the amount of time it took me this morning to find a shirt that would come down to my waist...that time is quickly approaching!!

Ben:
Ben has taken to talking to the babe while I am sleeping...since this is often how he finds me when he gets home. He is also anxiously awaiting the moment when HE gets to feel the babe! There have been many attempts made but so far nothing!

No comments: