Situation #1: Having a discussion about the nucleus of the cell and I was relating it's importance to the brain the body. I asked the question, "In either case, if there was severe damage to the brain or severe damage to the nucleus what would result?"
Student: You would get really sick...
Me: Potentially more than just sick...
Student: You would...hmmm...
Me: DIE!!
Student: You always got to be makin everything sound so bad!!
Student #2: That's just Miss K...she can't help it!!
Student #3: Naw...she just be keepin it real in here!!
Me: That's right, the study of life is ultimately the study of death...you need to be prepared for BOTH!
Situation #2: Every month the principal chooses two students to be students of the month and he sends out an email asking for positive comments on the students, that get sent home to parents and he chooses a few of them to be read over the intercom. Since I have a class full of high achieving seniors, I always end up knowing the students of the month and having to answer the emails. This month my comment got read over the intercom:
Student (the following hour): So, I heard your name over the intercom and you said some REALLY NICE things about that girl...I didn't think you did that???
Me: I like her better!
(Truthfully, it doesn't seem to matter how honest I am with these students...they just shrug it off as...'Oh, that's just Miss K...hahaha')
1 comment:
Kate, you TOTALLY make me miss my students! :(
Post a Comment