We were working on group projects this week and a student for some reason thought it would be a brilliant idea to throw a pencil at another student, you know a more "efficient" way of passing materials...FALSE!
Me: [Student], do you EVER plan on doing that again?!?
Student: (with fear in his voice) No, NEVER!
Student #2: (sitting on the floor in front of my desk) Miss K, you are going to be such a good parent, you have such great parenting skills!
(yeah same student who didn't think I said nice things about students, she is a trip)
Yesterday I had a moment I never thought I would ever have, at least not unless I was still teaching in 20 years...which is a big fat negative!!
I had a mom email me and want to meet for a parent/teacher conference. About half-way through the conference she stopped me and asked if I went to Olivet.
Me: Yes, I did
Mom: I thought you looked really familiar. When did you graduate?
Me: 2004
Mom: Me too, we must have had some education classes together.
Me: No, I didn't have any education classes in my undergrad...
Mom: Well, were you ever a TA for anything?
Me: Yeah, for Anatomy & Physiology and for General Chemistry
Mom: That's it you were my TA!!
A alarm went off in head!! I never thought I would say this, but I have taught to the day when I would teach my student's children...what a strange realization!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment