Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week 17 - Take a break from the fruit...

The Babe:
By this time, the wee bantling’s ear bones and nerve endings have formed...which means the babe can hear!!! Though not the way we can, the babe will respond reflexively to sound. When I told Ben this yesterday he imediately started talking to the babe with great intensity because now it is worth it!! Something tells me there will be music in the little ones near future, Ben has been waiting for this moment for a while! From what I understand a particularly loud noise might even startle the babe! This what my students have told me anyway which is what they are waiting for. They have already informed me that once the babe (which is how they refer to the baby) can hear I can no longer yell at them, for it will scare the babe. Therefore, I am not telling them yet that we have arrived at that moment. However, they just want me not to yell AT them, they still want me to get excited when I lecture...my volume just doesn't work that way! The babe is also rapidly developing baby fat, which will help insulate in the womb and regulate body temperature after birth. Though the babe is still tiny... just 4¾" long, about the size of a bloomed day lily.

Me:
The clean stretch continues and I am feeling like my old self, with a little less energy is all. I HEART the second trimester!!!

Ben:
Probably working on a mixed tape for the babe in his free time!!

No comments: