Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ode to this week...and it has only been 2 days!

Story #1
I sent a student who was causing me stress to the classroom across the hall with the instructions to "find your self-control and implement it!" After talking with the lucky teacher that received said student, she said all he did was sit in the back of the room with a disgusted look on his face. When asked why he was sent in there, he looked at her with the same disgusted look and simply stated, "I spoke." She said she had to laugh out loud because she knew he was probably telling the WHOLE truth!

Story #2
We were talking about meiosis and how we get 23 chromosomes from mom and 23 chromosomes from dad. Male student says, "That ain't even fair, your parents can give you chromosomes but they can't give you money!!"

Story #3
Still talking about how we get 23 chromosomes from mom and 23 chromosomes from dad.
Female student says, "Well, how do they get them back?"
I was confused by the question but said, "Well you have more than one egg and more than one sperm...you are not going to miss them...once they have fused...there really is no getting them back!"
Female student, "So you are saying they are lost forever. Nobody gets them back?!"
Again I am confused why this discussion is still going on, "No, once lost they are lost forever...IN THE FORM OF A LIFE aka A CHILD!!
Female student: "Oh you mean that's when the bee meets the flower!!"
She made this sound as if it was come great epiphany...with a creative twist of course!!

Story #4
Male student comes into class yesterday carrying a balloon. As the class was settling in for the hour, he placed the balloon under his shirt and started shouting out orders like, "Sit down...Have a seat...Stop talking...take out your work...why are your acting like that...I am too pregnant for this junk!!" Then he turns to me and says, "I should have been YOU for Halloween!!" I said, "Too bad my husband beat you to that!!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I always get excited when I see I have a new update from the classroom. But this took extra time to read being as how I had to figure out some of the words. I suggest you drink an extra glass of milk before typing! I love Mom!

Brittany said...

It's it great at this point how you can look back at pictures of yourself and WISH to be that small again- especially since at the time you felt huge??? Miss you sweetie and hope all is well

Caleb Benoit said...

I would like to meet the student in story #4 and shake his hand.

jlchap33 said...

Someday can I come a be a guest in your classroom???

Love ya
~Beks