The Babe:
REM is not just an alt-rock band, it’s also something our little rocker is doing this week. Because the babe's sleep cycles are set (which means the babe is quite awake when we are trying to fall asleep...good thing!!), the babe is finally experiencing rapid eye movement. The babe is also hard at work filling out that skin. The inner ear is fairly well developed, so even though the babe might not know what it means, the babe will be able to sense it's orientation, when upside down or on it's side. Not to be left out of the loop, the marrow is busy producing white blood cells which will enable the babe to combat infections and disease later on. And, over the next weeks, the babe will be adding blood vessels to the lungs in preparation for oxygenating the blood supply and not, as I am sure we will come to believe, to increase the decibel level of the crying.
The Parents:
This has been the final week of holiday break, at least for me. Breaks like these only solidify the fact that I was built to stay home!! Yesterday, I had to take a nap to try and psych myself up for today, the first day back at school...a day full of meetings I see no point in having!! Tomorrow due to a snow day at the beginning of break I will be seeing my first semester students again, with two finals and a half day on Wednesday...BARF!! Oh well, the second semester will officially begin on Thursday.
Ben still has this week off...sort of! He is busy catching up on last semester, the church doesn't break, and there are still many meetings that are taking place. I don't think he even remembers what an actual break feels like!!
We are both hanging in there and enjoying our newest form of entertainment...watching the babe move around my stomach from the outside...the somersaults and kicking are officially VISIBLE!!! Good times!!
No comments:
Post a Comment