Thursday, January 8, 2009

Different Semester, Same Ridiculousness

My day was going pretty smoothly, I met most of my new students for the semester, which I was dreading (it takes a good 3 weeks before I start liking the new ones!) and no major craziness. That was all until 11th hour, which is one of my two most dreaded hours of the day. Only better this semester...EVERY seat in the room is FULL!! SWEET!! Just as I was beginning to think that I would make it through the day with little to no freshmen antics...it happened!! I was discussing the process of cell division when a student from the back of the room blurts out my name. When I stop to look at him, he is holding up a sign that he made that asks, "Do you have any RASH cream?" To which I replied, "No." and class moved on. Most of the class didn't bother to turn around just thought that my "No" was telling the kid to shut up, which I guess is a common occurrence and therefore no one really knew what he was asking and his privacy was maintained. So I guess as ridiculous as the moment/question was, it did accomplish his goal...good for him...though the rash is another story!!

No comments: