The Babe:
At 16½ inches from head to toe (the size of a large pineapple) and about 3 pounds, our babe is starting to get a bit cramped. The survival chances continue to get better and better, at this point if our babe was born this week, there is a 9 out of 10 chance of survival, which is again, comforting news. Other awesome developments: Babe's brain can now control breathing and body temperature. Babe can also cough, and sucking abilities have been perfected. Babe's skin is looking less wrinkled as the pounds get packed on...that makes two of us!! Babe's starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model. Beefing up on the energizing and insulating white fat that Babe will be born with (unfortunately, white fat is not energizing and insulating for adults!). And speaking of energy, our little Energizer Bunny is on fire these days. I am feeling my share of kicks, punches and elbows, especially when lying down.
The Parents:
Let's get right to the point: I'm a bloated, water-retaining mess. I can't get my tennis shoes on or my wedding ring off (when I try to wear it). Ben always made fun of me for wearing slippers as shoes...but this has become more of a necessity than a fashion statement. My pants don't fit. My shirts don't fit. And now, thanks to the swelling in my feet, my shoes don't fit. I thank a wonderful thing called edema for that. Go edema! But don't get me wrong...I am still glad to be pregnant!!
As for Ben, you can only imagine what it is like living with...did I say...a bloated, water-retaining mess!!
3 comments:
Hooray for being pregnant and feeling the size of a baby elephant :) It truly is an amazing feeling when your maternity clothes start to get tight. I have taken to wearing Josh's clothes around the house. I never thought it possible but they actually fit me!!!
Glad to hear that you and baby are healthy and doing well. Baby Adams and I have less than 4 1/2 weeks to go! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I remember wondering if my feet will ever return to their normal size ... my toes even looked like lil'smokies sausages!
I also gave Joe lessons on the stage of pitting edema. (gross!)
I can't wait for the delivery. I'll be in Ft. Wayne, IN, and would like to make a visit on one of my "down times."
Post a Comment