Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 31 - Volleyball

The Babe:
Babe is finally able to track objects with its eyes. All scrunched up, the babe is about the size of a volleyball. The head-to-toe measurement of 17", and about 3.5 pounds this week. From this week on, our babe will continue to gain around ½ pound a week until shortly before birth. Due to increasing space constraints, our babe's arms and legs stay drawn up close to the body now, known as the fetal position. Plus, our babe can now process information from all five senses—so the babe will be all set to smell the pureed peas, taste them, feel them as they are mashed into the hair, hear us crack up and then see the flash as we grab the camera to snap picture after picture. By now, our babe's lungs are the only system not fully mature. And by mature, not saying that the rest of our babe's systems are mature enough, just that the lungs need a little bit more time to bake before they can kick it in the outside world.

The Parents:
We've just entered the single-digit countdown (only nine more weeks to go!). More importantly only 7 weeks of school to go!! Today Ben and I had a debate over who DIDN'T wanted to go to work the most!! He claims because he is more of the "strong, silent type" that I just don't realize how badly he doesn't want to go! Last I checked..."silent type" was not an option for Ben descriptors!!
Mentally we may not be totally ready for this babe to come but physically I am more than ready. Don’t misunderstand me, I still agree that pregnancy is a beautiful thing. But honestly, at this point, I am more than willing to endure the pain of labor just to be able to take an effective decongestant!! We are now in our third WEEK of a cold with a new symptom each week. This week's addition was a cough, added to the sore throat from last week and the congested sinuses that started it all!! I have never in my life craved NyQuil the way I do right now (and that is saying a lot!!)!

No comments: