Monday, February 23, 2009

Belly, Painting, and Student stories...

I figured it was about time for a new belly shot...just remember that water retention (swelling of the face, hands, and feet) is TOTALLY normal and I have convinced myself that it will ALL immediately leave upon arrival of the unborn!! I warn you...do NOT tell me any different!! Also, in an attempt to kill two birds with one stone...included in the belly shot picture are two of the three canvases for the nursery. Many people have been asking about the theme for the nursery and/or the paintings and so...here you go! For the most part these two are done with the exception of insects and amphibians that are yet to be added.
During the painting process on Saturday, I had an unfortunate experience. You see I was painting, listening to music, and drinking peach ice tea at the same time. While bopping to the music, I grabbed what I thought was my peach ice tea and for a moment I thought, "hmmm, this doesn't taste very peachy anymore or sweet..." Then I looked down at my hand and saw this...

Yes, I drank the week old PAINT water!! Thankfully my gag reflex is still in practice so immediately upon bending over the toilet up it came! It was just like old times!! Except I will add this to the grosses looking puke list...dark green/brown with banana bread chunks...I KNOW...GROSS!! Ben accused me of using this as a ploy to not be left alone anymore! WHO KNOWS...

Student stories
Story #1
Out of nowhere (which is usually the case) a female student announces to me (and the class)... "Miss K you can call me up whenever you need a babysitter...but you must know I DO believe in spanking!!" She was so serious when she said this I couldn't even come up with a response!

Story #2
Screaming down the hallway today a former student from my first year of teaching (I am sure she received the majority of stories that year!!) was yelling my name until I turned around. I asked (in a normal tone and volume) what all the yelling was about? And I received this in response: "Miss K when you go on homebound (maternity leave) I fina (yes, that is slang for "I am going to...") come to yo house and cut yo hair cause I in cosmetology!" Again I had nothing in response!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Kate, those pictures are amazing!! You look beautiful, & yes, the swelling goes right away. I can't wait to meet your offspring!