The Babe:
Although our babe will still remain active, the days of trying out for Cirque du Soleil are nearly over. Which as of last night I am thrilled to hear!!! About this time our babe will settle into the head-down position in preparation for birth, fingers crossed. Other "fascinating" facts: Both me and babe are putting on some serious weight at this point. I will probably gain about a pound a week for the next few weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up babe. The babe will likely double its weight in the next eight weeks. Over those next eight weeks the babe will busy blinking, looking around, grabbing things, making faces, practicing breathing, peeing and listening to everything going on—pretty much exactly what will babe will be doing for the first three months of life, sans the adoring audience and the flashing camera. Our babe may (or may NOT) have a full head of hair now. According to a fellow coworker, the quantity of tums and antacid that I go through, our babe will be the hairiest babe EVER! I say...but genetics has to trump TUMS!!
By the end of this week, babe will weigh about 4 pounds and measure over 17 inches long!
The Parents:
With just under two months to go you would think that Ben would stop FORGETTING that we are pregnant! But he continues such lapses and I continue to remind him that he is lucky he has the opportunity to "forget!" I guess with the month changing to March, things are really starting to hit home...at least for me!
There is something surreal about watching a tiny foot move across your belly (and something uncomfortable about getting jabbed by a tiny elbow in the dead of night). Now that our babe is nice and BIG and mobile, I have been getting kicked and prodded in all sorts of unexpected places. However, not yet in the ribs much. All these post-pregnancy woman keep telling me stories of being kicked over and over in the ribs, but our babe prefers the soft tissue of the right side of my belly...ALWAYS THE SAME SPOT!! I am taking heart in the fact that in a few more weeks, our Karate Kid will be running out of room for the kind of athletic displays they have become so fond of these days. In other words, the babe will be too cramped in there to haul its foot back 6 or 7 inches to give me a swift kick on the RIGHT SIDE.
1 comment:
love the reads
Post a Comment