Yesterday we started my favorite activity of the whole year!! I introduce the activity as being the most monumental day of theirs lives...for today they will meet their FIRST BORN!! I pair them up in "couples" and start flipping coins to determine the traits of their child. They then cut out the traits and glue them on the bodies and get a glimpse of what to expect for their child. This project always brings about some of the most entertaining comments. I warn them that they often become very attached to their children and not to get too involved... Here are some of the comments, after those words of wisdom:
I over heard groups discussing carpool options, cell phone privileges, and when is the appropriate age for their daughter to start shaving her legs!!
"Miss K, our daughter is already having to fend off boys...and she doesn't even have a face yet!"
"I'm the mama bear and you better think twice about messing with my cub!"
A male student came in today and told me that yesterday his partner's boyfriend came up and choked him!! I looked at his partner and she admitted that she told her boyfriend that she was having a baby and when asked who the daddy was she told him...result...unsuspecting soul gets choked while working on a worksheet in a different class!!
"Miss K, I wanted a boy and Zach gave me a girl!!"
"After I have this baby, I want a divorce!"
After looking at her finished project..."that just made me want to wait till I am 30 to have a kid!"
GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment