The Babe:
The big news this week is lung development. Babe's respiratory system is almost completely mature. Some of the specifics are: our babe can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course from what I hear that ability will miraculously disappear once the babe is born and up all night screaming). The pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. The bones in the babe's skull are soft and are not yet fused together. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making that trip down the tight birth canal possible (and resulting in that surprising cone head look that I hear the babe will sport for the first few days post-birth). The babe continues to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week. As of right now the babe weighs about 4½ pounds, as much as a grownup duck, and is approximately 17.5 inches long, about the same as a collarbone-length pearl necklace.
The Parents:
Still waiting!! Ben has been having new practicum interviews that have been going really well. He is coming up on spring break which he has already filled to the max with practicum, school work, and nursery work. He is very excited about this summer and the fact that he will not have any summer classes and way more time to get stuff done around the house...which is what he would like to be doing anyway!
I am still counting down the days and doing more and more sitting while I lecture. There are days when I feel like I have gained 5 pounds and other days when a student says, "Miss K, you look like you got smaller!!" Though I feel large, I by no means feel in charge!! This babe seems to hold all the strings to this show!
1 comment:
I'm so excited for your shower next weekend!
Post a Comment