Saturday, March 14, 2009

Week 34 - Cream cheese and Sugar

The Babe:
Our babe kind of looks like they are coated in a layer of cream cheese these days. The thick, white substance that protects the skin from pruning in the amniotic fluid is called vernix. Other news from the womb this week:The soft fur, lanugo, that covered the babe's body for much of the stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. Babe begins to develop its own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta. However, as of late I have been passing PLENTY!! This week, our babe measures about 17¾ inches, and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar!

The Parents:
We made our FINAL trip of the pregnancy this week to Michigan. About halfway through I realized that sitting in the car for 4 hours is no longer for me...or at least not me + 20 lbs! However, we are having such a nice time visiting family and being waited on hand and foot...although, of course, I have started getting used to such behavior since Ben has been doing this for a while now!!
Sleeping has become a challenge for both of us. Ben has been waking up every time I get up to use the bathroom! I don't think this his favorite thing...I fall back to sleep easier than he does!

No comments: