Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Three weeks and counting...

It has been about three weeks now since Mary Alice has had to start "sharing" her parents. After a few days of crying over how I had ruined her life forever, and a few days of incessant whining on her part, a few days of believing I was not cut out for parenting such a fragile child...dare I say we have ALL settled in to the fact that Silas is here is stay! Mary Alice is back to being her happy little self, independent play is back, with a vengeance at times, mom has her daily alone time back, and there are fewer tears from both Mimi and Mom! We were trusting that our "go with the flow" daughter would return to us...and it appears she has! Apparently Sy seems pretty comfortable around here as well!


Oma and Aunt Kaylynn came to visit this weekend and Mary Alice was thrilled to see them. Sunday night I decided to just feed MAK in the living room since no one else was eating dinner (often the case on Sundays...no matter what one has for lunch). She was sitting on my lap and therefore I was apparently having a difficult time monitoring how much she was "storing" up...but Aunt Kaylynn made sure to document it for us!




Funny story this morning...I asked Mary Alice how she was this morning, her response was "Pretty!" True fact!

No comments: