Friday, September 24, 2010

6 weeks old

So what is going on in the life of Silas Benjamin during this, his sixth week of life? Hmmm...his baby acne is hanging on strong, but yet so is his hair, and even his blue eyes! I know that all of these things are likely to change!


He has started smiling (intentionally...I swear), especially in the morning when we have our alone time! However, he has started to sleep until 7:00, which is also MAK's wake up time, so our morning alone time is becoming more rare. Unfortunately, Sy, I will take 7:00 over early morning time together!

(I tried really hard to catch a smile on camera, but it turned out really blurry. He gets really confused by the light on the camera and therefore makes more of a concerned face than a smile, so I had to catch him in motion...I am sure there will be better shots in the future.)

Silas in enjoying bucking MY system whenever and wherever he can find a chance. He loves to sleep when I want him awake and he likes to be awake when I want him to sleep. Yet another independent spawn...just my luck!


Oh and did I mention he now weight 10lbs 8oz!! He has gained more than 2 pounds in 6 weeks! Yes, food is his friend! Note the belly!


Which leads me to my next point. This afternoon I was getting Silas dressed. It was pretty cool today, only in the 60s and with the windows open I was putting him in something with long-sleeves and long pants. Hmmm...after wrestling him and the clothes to get him in it, I noticed just how TIGHT it was (though this picture does little justice to this fact) and short it was! He was like a little sausage! Apparently, it was so tight that it immediately squeezed a whole LOAD of poo right out of him!! I will have to remember this technique next he is having some trouble pooping...squeeze = poop!


Mary Alice, well she has hijacked the infant gym, giving it more attention now than she ever did can in infant!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Kate, your kids are beautiful. I remember being so stinkin' excited then they started going to bed/waking up together... all two weeks that lasted!

Ben and Katie said...

I know...I really do have BEAUTIFUL kids!! And, hey, you don't do so bad yourself!! :)