Babe CONTINUES to put on weight at about ½ pound each week. This layer of fat will help regulate body temperature after leaving the climate-controlled womb. In fact, the babe will be 15 percent fat at birth (and myself... well that's another story). Other highlights this week:the gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth, though the actual pearly whites won't start breaking through until between three months and a year old. The babe has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening the eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. The babe will become alert and turn its head toward light and sound just as a newborn would. Babe is now around 18½ inches long and should be nearly 6 pounds instead we are nearly 8 pounds!
Me:
I was convinced that I would not greet the month of August pregnant...it looks like that will not be the case. Each doctor visit I hope for the ticket to the hospital but alas all I hear is "see you next week." Therefore I have resorted to eating lots of sodium to get my blood pressure up and the occasional pushing to give the babe some ideas!

Ben:
Is still brawling with his dissertation...and serving as the opening act for the Southern Gospel Extravaganza at church for the last three nights!
Mary Alice:
Well she had an altercation with the coffee table this week...I think the coffee table may have won!
No comments:
Post a Comment