The Babe:
The big news this week is lung development. Babe's respiratory system is almost completely mature. Some of the specifics are: our babe can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day. The pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. The bones in the babe's skull are soft and are not yet fused together. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making that trip down the tight birth canal possible (and resulting in that surprising cone head look that the babe will sport for the first few days post-birth). The babe continues to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week. As of right now the babe weighs about 4½ pounds, as much as a grownup duck, and is approximately 17.5 inches long, about the same as a collarbone-length pearl necklace.
Me:
Summer pregnancies are not for this girl! I would have planned this differently!
Ben:
I think the stress of the disertation is getting to him.
Mary Alice:
The upper canines are proving to be the worst of the teething episodes thus far. I feel like all I ever talke about for MAK is teething but it really has been our lives for a LONG time!
1 comment:
Em cut all four in 24 hours and it was miserable! They were the only ones that she fussed and screamed over, but she made up for the lack with those!!! So sorry sweetie... hope you're getting in some good pool time at Barry and Gail's.
Post a Comment