Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 34

The Babe:
Our babe kind of looks like they are coated in a layer of cream cheese these days. The thick, white substance that protects the skin from pruning in the amniotic fluid is called vernix. Other news from the womb this week:The soft fur, lanugo, that covered the babe's body for much of the stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. Babe begins to develop its own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta. This week, our babe measures about 17¾ inches, and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar!

Me:
Well, the story goes something like this. Friday we had a dr appt. which resulted in orders for an additional ultrasound to check the size of this babe. Apparently I am measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule. So we go this Friday to get an accurate measurement. Like I have said all along...this belly will NOT shed light on August!

Ben:
He wants me to keep baking this babe as LONG as I can...but this is because he can breath, he can still climb stairs without getting winded, and he can pick things up that he drops.

Mary Alice:
We took our final trip to Michigan until the babe is born. She was once again a great traveler. Although at one point, and then many to follow, we heard a strange sucking sound from the back seat. I knew that I had NOT given her a bottle...turned around and found her sucking on her toes...I guess it is not thumb sucking...but still...


Aunt Kaylynn and Mimi


Fun with Oma and Papper



Good times with cousin Starlynne...even if MAK could not get over the fact that she was sitting in the grass!


We had such a nice time with all of the great-grandparents...but here is Mary Alice with Opa (my mom's dad).

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That was the first thing I taught Em after finding out!!! Em, can you pick that up for Mommy? haha Feel your pain sweetie, hang in there :)