Although our babe will still remain active, the days of trying out for Cirque du Soleil are nearly over, or at least should be, I have yet to witness this so called slow down! About this time our babe will settle into the head-down position in preparation for birth. Other "fascinating" facts: Both me and babe are putting on some serious weight at this point. I will probably gain about a pound a week for the next few weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up babe. The babe will likely double its weight in the next eight weeks. Over those next eight weeks the babe will be busy blinking, looking around, grabbing things, making faces, practicing breathing, peeing and listening to everything going on—pretty much exactly what the babe will be doing for the first three months of life, sans the adoring audience and the flashing camera. Our babe may (or may NOT) have a full head of hair now.
By the end of this week, babe will weigh about 4 pounds and measure over 17 inches long!
Me:
I am at that point where I can NOT fathom getting any bigger, but there are still 8 weeks to go, so I know it is inevitable! I just feel like there is NO more room for this babe to double in weight!
For those curious ones/the betting kind if you would like to take a guess as to the gender of Babe #2, there is a poll off the right where you can cast your vote. Here are some comparison pictures for you, and I can tell you that both babes had/have heartbeats in the 150s (if you base your guess on that).
32 weeks with MAK

32 weeks with Babe 2

Ben:
We have been enjoying much time all three of us home together! Mimi and I LOVE having him home, even if he is working, we LOVE being in the same place!! He is doing a WONDERFUL job of taking take of both of his ever growing girls!
Mary Alice:
Not only is she still working on two teeth but I learned yesterday at the doctor that she has also grown an inch in only 2 months. That could also be contributing to her unexplainable fussiness at times. Otherwise, she is doing great and clearly soaking up her last few weeks of undivided attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment