Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Signs of things to come...

Last night was a rough one for the little one. Up in the night with yet another ear infection. We had been suspecting that this was the case but she has maintained such a joyful demeanor that we second guessed ourselves. Well, a 100 degree fever and screaming in the night really cleared things up!
Now, I want to get one thing straight, I love my girl and I felt really bad that she was not feeling well, but I knew that the THREE of us still needed to get sleep. In all honesty sleeping is not an easy task these days and I do have a sweet disdain for all things that interrupt these few precious moments.
Mary Alice is a smart girl in many ways, and she certainly has this whole scenario figured out. Ben and I have joked about those future nights when Mary Alice comes in scared wanting to crawl into bed with us...who is she going to go to...there is a clear answer...BEN. We have played out this hypothetical hushed toned conversation, it goes something like this:
Mimi: "Papa...Papa...I'm scared, can I sleep with you guys?"
Ben: "Sure, Baby, just be really quiet so we don't wake up your mom, or it will be all over!"
I don't remember her being privy to this conversation but she knows who to go to when she is not feeling good...Papa!! She knows he is a sucker for hugs from his girl no matter what time of night, especially if she wants to hug and sleep. When she is really not feeling well she wants nothing more than to sleep on her Papa chest...and he wants nothing more than that either! Well, the two of them thought they were going to spend the night in our bed with all of their BREATHING!?! Come now...this incubating mama was having nothing of it...after 45 mins of listening to Mimi heavy breathing and Ben's snoring I was about to come unglued!
Here is how I found the THREE of them in the morning...in the SPARE room!!

No comments: