The Babe:
Babe is finally able to track objects with its eyes. All scrunched up, the babe is about the size of a volleyball. The head-to-toe measurement of 17", and about 3.5 pounds this week. From this week on, our babe will continue to gain around ½ pound a week until shortly before birth. Due to increasing space constraints, our babe's arms and legs stay drawn up close to the body now, known as the fetal position. At least this is what the information tells me...what I feel is a whole other thing. This babe has no intentions of keeping their limbs up close to the body...oh no, this babe needs room to spread out, and makes that room whenever it pleases!
Plus, our babe can now process information from all five senses—so the babe will be all set to smell the pureed peas, taste them, feel them as they are mashed into the hair, hear us crack up and then see the flash as we grab the camera to snap picture after picture. By now, our babe's lungs are the only system not fully mature. And by mature, not saying that the rest of our babe's systems are mature enough, just that the lungs need a little bit more time to bake before they can kick it in the outside world.
Me:
Sleeping is becoming more of a chore, but yeterday I got to take a 2 hour nap which was much needed. At this point in the first pregnancy I was begging for labor, I would not say I am there yet with this one. I think the idea of two kids is more tiring than being 31 weeks pregnant!
Ben:
Working on all things church, school, house, and spending time with his girls. His story really doesnt change much from week to week.
Mary Alice:
Working on adding more animals to her rutine, including but not limited to butterfly, camel, and dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment