Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It gets worse...

All day today I spent with this sick, pitiful little girl...nursing her back to health...or at least the best you get with one does of antibiotics. I took her to the doctor, I waited with her in Walgreens for 25+ mins, and then pumped her full of meds before putting her down for her ONE and only nap of the day! We spent some real quality time together today, so I was pretty sure that we had mended any wounds that last night may have left on her little mind.
Then her dad came home and suddenly I was chopped liver. Here was the sight after the bedtime bottle. Looks like she is ready for a repeat of last night.

I looked at her and said, "No Mimi, tonight YOU are sleeping alone." With no words she just swiftly yet sternly pointed her chubby finger at me, without even lifting her head, as if to say, "No, Mom YOU are!" I retaliated with "Listen, girlfriend, whose in charge here?" Without missing a beat or lifting her head, "Dada!"
I knew she was a genius but I had clearly underestimated her comedic genius!!

1 comment:

Denise Thomas said...

Oh, I only know this scenario all too well. This was with Barry and Samantha. Between the two of them with their ear infections, they were always commiserating together and I was left out in the cold. You might as well get used to it until the next one comes along and maybe that one will be "yours."