Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 27

The Babe:
Our wee bantling isn’t quite so wee anymore! Even though the babe appears smaller when curled up in a ball in utero, the babe is a regular Yao Ming at 14 ½" from head to toe. The lungs are starting to function as they will post-birth. They are capable of breathing air, although the placenta is still supplying the oxygen for now. Although, I am not sure how much, since I have the tendency to get winded SITTING DOWN! The pulmonary vascular system is ready to handle the exchange of gases (oxygen and carbon dioxide), and the central nervous system is developed enough to control rhythmic breathing. The immune system is also developing, thanks to the white blood cells being churned out by the bone marrow.

Me:
I am exhausted, the weather has been SOOO HOT and HUMID I can barely deal with my big self and sleeping with no air conditioning is becoming a bit of a chore. The upside is that I only have 5 days of school left!!!

Ben:
He has been gone since early Saturday morning hiking the canyons of Utah/Arizona. I was ready for him to be back last Saturday, but alas he is not home until this coming Saturday, in the dark of night that is!

Mary Alice:
She may be getting bored of me...no probably not! She is doing very well this week and even managing to sleep through the night in a room that remains above 80 degrees all night long, with only a couple of fans to keep her cool. She is an amazing trooper!!

No comments: