Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 24

The Babe:
REM is not just an alt-rock band, it’s also something our little rocker is doing this week. Because the babe's sleep cycles are set (which means the babe is quite awake when we are trying to fall asleep...good thing!!), the babe is finally experiencing rapid eye movement. The babe is also hard at work filling out that skin. The inner ear is fairly well developed, so even though the babe might not know what it means, the babe will be able to sense it's orientation, when upside down or on it's side. Not to be left out of the loop, the marrow is busy producing white blood cells which will enable the babe to combat infections and disease later on. And, over the next weeks, the babe will be adding blood vessels to the lungs in preparation for oxygenating the blood supply and not, as I am sure we will come to believe, to increase the decibel level of the crying.

Me:
I made a comment to a former student about being pregnant and he was confused, "Wait, you are pregnant??" "No, I just thought this body shape was ever so becoming!" "Oh, well I just thought maybe you were hanging on to some extra baby weight." WHAT!!!

Ben:
Finished his papers and finals and is officially done with this school year!! He still has practicum but things are a bit more breathable these days!

Mary Alice:
I don't even know where to begin... Two molars through the surface, the third still on the way. Yeast infection turned diaper rash, and shots this week. On top of this Ben went away for three days to Georgia for a church conference. My first night home alone with Mary Alice and she decides to cry for an hour and a half straight, while REFUSING to drink her bottle...her one TRUE LOVE...I couldn't believe and was convinced something was majoring wrong!! This resulted in a crying mother putting her to bed for the night with NO night-time bottle and hoping for the best that she wakes up in the morning! It was an incredibly long and frustrating night but we survived and night two went much better and Ben is home now!!

No comments: