Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 25

The Babe:
Our sweet babe attains a momentous milestone this week: if the babe were born at this point in our pregnancy, the babe would probably survive, but would require lots of assistance from doctors. The organ systems are formed well enough that babe would be all right, albeit tiny. As if that weren’t enough, other big changes are happening: the skin turns opaque and the pigments start depositing, hair color starts developing (supposing there is hair...) and the spinal structure is forming. The babe may even begin to rotate out of the breech position in preparation for the upcoming gondolier-ship, where the babe will make the journey down the birth canal!

Me:
I spend a good portion of my day attempting to recover from this babe's insistent and constant practice of stop-drop-and-roll!! I am also pretty confident the babe has my cervix confused with a trampoline. I may not be remembering well (that is about a given) but I don't remember Mary Alice being quite so brutal...therefore I am leaning towards a boy for this next one. Either way, I had my heart set on a dear, sweet, CALM, and quiet second child...so far no such luck!!

Ben:
He is trying to settle into the fact that the summer he was looking so forward to is so quickly filled up that he is in a bit of shock and dismay.

Mary Alice:
Once again girlfriend can't catch a break. She is still teething, diaper rash is still clearing up, but now we have a runny nose and ear infection...both of which tend to come with the territory of MAK teething! Grandma and Grandpa will be down this weekend to relieve Gayle and us!! I think we are ALL ready!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. i love that you keep us informed. it makes me ok with not being with you all.

mom