Saturday I took Mary Alice with me to the grocery store. She is a big fan of any form of shopping. I think she views it as not only a time to voice LOTS of opinions but also there is always a new audience around every corner!
There we were standing in front of the yogurt and trying to decide which flavors we wanted. I gave her some options, she voiced her opinion, we landed on blueberry and peach, she expressed her satisfaction, I told her they were excellent choices...then the older man who was there and witnessed this whole event said, "Wow, she is really talking to you!" "Yes, she REALLY THINKS she is!"
Then in the check out line (one of her favorite places) she was making faces and carrying on conversation with her new friend the lady behind us. As we moved through the line and made space for her to start putting her things on the belt. Mary Alice started clapping her hands and telling the woman "Job, Job, Job" ever so enthusiastically!! She doesn't quite get the "good" in front of job but based on the voice inflection and nodding you get the point. The woman was very appreciative of all the encouragement and complimented her/I on Mary Alice's wealth of "character for such a young age." I said, "Thank you, that is such a NICE way of putting it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment