Today was seniors last of school, this day has come and gone for me with no real disruption or splendor. But this year as former students began randomly stopping by with cards and cakes and ice cream bars to say thank you and take pictures with me, I realized from this point on seniors last day means my little freshman are graduating. I have been teaching here for four years and that means that the students that started this career with me have come full circle and are out of here! I even got a shout out in the school newspaper!!
It is funny though the things that say they will be taking with them, how I have molded and shaped their lives. The cards have said things like, "I can't look at fruit without thinking about ovaries!" and "I can't look at water without thinking about those scandalous hydrogen bonds!" and picture of me with my "crazy stress eye," that I haven't seen since that first year of teaching...seems I have learned how to manage my classes and stress a little better!
Anyway, it was a different and somewhat bitter sweet day to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment