Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Strong Personalities

Papa here... I figured when updates on my whereabouts are reduced to "no change" I better start to speak for myself. I greatly appreciate my wife's handling of the blog updating, however I do feel the need to provide the other perspective concerning this recent post: "Her personality gets stronger and stronger by the day and I am really trying to psych myself up for raising a female version of Ben...I am unprepared for this twisted turn of events! I said this week that, "child number two better be really easy going!" While I do not deny that I may have been somewhat of a hand-full as a child, we must not fail to recount the hand-full that history has has told us the provider of the maternal haploid set of chromosomes was herself! The most recent case example will follow this post in the "rolling over video". We have been beginning to be somewhat concerned about Mimi's lack of interest in rolling over. Well, her "independent woman" personality showed itself when all of a sudden on day, she decided that she not only wanted to start rolling over, but THREW herself onto her back (I'm pretty sure if she had been on a harder surface, she would have rolled two or three times). The look on her face said "I told you I'll do it when I want to... don't tell me what to do... don't tell me what to think... don't tell me what to feel. I am perfectly capable to roll over when I need to and I don't need to practice!" I couldn't help but realize how similar this was to a conversation her mother and I had about her ability to drive the car in reverse. Here's hoping the next one's a boy! ;-)

No comments: