Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 13

The Babe:
The babe's eyelids are fused shut to protect the eyes as they develop. The bones and skull are solidifying and soon itsy-bitsy ribs may appear. Babe's intestines are finally right where wewant them—in the belly instead of poking out into the umbilical cord. The teeth sockets are all loaded and ready to pop out baby teeth! This fact is less exciting now, with a bit of personal experience behind us. The vocal cords and larynx are completed now, two things that apparently our offspring LOVE to exercise, insecently!! Being refined, this week, are the whorls and loops that make up that unique identifier we all have: fingerprints. The pancreas is functioning as well (which means the babe is secreting insulin). The babe now weighs about 20 grams and is nearly 3 inches long, or about the size of a Nutter Butter...just makes me need to have one...RIGHT NOW!!

Me:
We are officially "hit or miss" with the sickness. Function has begun to return to my life, and oh how I have missed it! I am excited to start the GLORIOUS 2nd trimester, my most favorite part of begin pregnant. I better really soak it up and enjoy it, becuase the Kunz baby train STOPS HERE!!

Ben:
No change.

Mary Alice:
She has not stopped talking since the last post. She is the most verbal baby that I know! Actually not just verbal, but expressively verbal! The other day we were in Arby's and I was holding her in the line and she looked at a guy behind me and pointed her finger and with anger in her tone let him have it. The guy next to him in line leaned over and said, "I don't think she likes you man?" Her personality gets stronger and stronger by the day and I am really trying to psych myself up for raising a female version of Ben...I am unprepared for this twisted turn of events! I said this week that, "child number two better be really easy going!" Our tooth count this week is 6, but just barely.

Tried really hard to get a picture of all her teeth...this was the best we could do.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We cannot wait to meet MAK! She can talk and point fingers at David all she wants. He will love it. 10 days and counting....