The Babe:
Babe's face is looking more human as the eyes have moved to the front of the head and the ears are in place. Hooray! Other amazing fetal highlights this week are that the babe is able to swallow this week and practices on the amniotic fluid that floats in. (And I thought baby food was kind of nasty!) And in case you're wondering how our babe can breathe in all that fluid, here's your answer: Fetuses get oxygen from the blood pumped into their bodies by the placenta and don't breathe with their lungs. Mystery solved!
This is kind of gross, albeit fascinating, so feel free to skip ahead: our babe's intestines are well under way, but they aren't all where you'd expect them to be. Instead of all being locked away in the body cavity, some are dangling on the outside, in the umbilical cord. Also, the babe's fingernails and toenails are forming this week. The chin and nose are also becoming more defined.
The babe has doubled in size over the past two weeks and now weighs almost 1/2 an ounce and also now around 2 1/2 inches long, about the length of your pinky finger.
Me:
Things are looking up from last week. I no longer have to walk around with an "at a moments notice" vomit vessel. I actually have not needed the meds during the day these last two days. I do however still need them in the evening when I take a sudden turn for the worse. But the good news is that I think I am on the downhill slide of this whole nausea thing.
Still working and still not as bad as I thought.
Ben:
Still working on the kitchen, still working all the time, still excited to see his girls when he gets home!
Mary Alice:
Teething is the DEVIL! We had another round of teething this last week. We went from diarrhea, to vomiting (everywhere and on every Huebner she could find), CRYING, to not sleeping well, to finally cutting TWO teeth. She not only got her match set on top but since the girl seems to love the snaggle tooth look (not sure why, I am not convinced it is her best look) she decided to maintain odd numbers and cut one more tooth on the top, for a grand total of 5 teeth!
2 comments:
sure would like to see a pic of those long awaited teeth
mom
It's a boy... that's just my opinion. Em cut 9 teeth in three weeks. She went from four for almost a year to molars, eye teeth and all!!! Praying that doesn't happen to you guys. Love and miss you
Post a Comment