There have been countless examples of how life has changed over the past three years but yesterday seemed to really solidify this fact. Yesterday we celebrated three years of marriage. On our first anniversary Ben planned dinner and an overnight trip to Chicago followed by a day at the Chicago Botanical Gardens! On our second anniversary Ben planned a two night trip in downtown Chicago with relaxing at the beach, walking the city, fancy dinners, and a movie in the park!!
In our third year of marriage many things have changed, but of course the number one and biggest change in our life is our dear, sweet Mary Alice. We know how Mary Alice treats special occasions…as Mary Alice Day of course! Today started out like most days at 6 am, then Ben left by 7 to get the duplex ready for the new renters, Melissa and I dropped the girls off at Barry and Gayle’s and then we went blueberry picking. Last year on our anniversary Ben and I went together with Brian, Melissa, Brittany and little Emmerson (smaller numbers = fewer blueberries). Then it was home for lunch and a nap on the couch and then I cleaned and organized the desk while Ben studied for his big test on Friday. Then we finally decided that we should treat this day like it was our anniversary and so we got dressed and Ben took us out to dinner. Why we decided to NOT get a babysitter is beyond us!! From the moment we sat down Mary Alice made it “MAK night!” Needless to say we spent our special dinner bouncing and rocking and bouncing and rocking the car seat until she finally fell briefly asleep as the waitress brought us our boxes. I think we spoke about three words to each other and it seemed that the only thing that was different about this dinner than any other is that I didn’t have to make it or clean it up!!
I say this all to say, though life has clearly changed in a big way, I have loved this journey that I am blessed enough to spend with Benjamin and now Mary Alice and I would not change one bit of it…not even the CHANGE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment