Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ode to my Mary Alice

I guess it is about time that I got on here and said a few things about my little girl. Since my last post was supposed to go something like..."Well it is 37 weeks and I can't eat, I can't sleep, but I can do a great imitation of a beached whale. Seriously, are we almost done with this? As for the babe, approximately 6 lbs and 19 inches long." Yeah, I guess I never got the chance to say such things being as that doctors appointment turned labor and delivery put an end to the week # posts. But don't get me wrong I am NOT complaining...I had wanted this bundle of joy out of me for a while. Thankfully she is thus far turning out to be a very compliant child. I wanted her to come early...she did...I wanted her to be a girl...she was...I wanted her to be cute...and is she ever!!

I must say I wasn't really nervous about the whole labor thing. My comments about my excitement to not be pregnant was more than my apprehension about the birth process were TRUE! However, 19 hours into it and 3 hours of pushing later with minor effects of what was supposed to be an epidural (the thing I had looked forward to for 37 weeks didn't even work!!), maybe I should have been more apprehensive because it was WAY worse than I thought it was going to be. But hey all eyes rolling back in my head, repeated counting to ALMOST 10, puking on the nursing students clear across the room (they after that...bonus), and begging for a c-section aside...I have my beautiful baby girl...and yes it was ALL WORTH IT!! Besides that I set my record weight loss for a one week period at 32 pounds down...hurray for IMPRESSIVE SWELLING!!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my Mary Alice during the 2nd week of her life...and really she doesn't cry very often...it is just that the pictures of her screaming make me laugh every time!!
Too cute...but she HATES to be naked...the cry is about to start!!
I told you she HATES to be naked...but look at how long and skinny those legs are...a genetic attribute from DAD!! This picture is cracking me up!!
MAK and Aunt Kaylynn...see she really is a sweet baby...when she has clothes on!!
The poor girl inherited what I call my "unwelcoming face" but what makes it worse is that she probably had no chance since it has been admitted that this unfortunate trait is both sides of the family...right Grandpa Dave?? We are thinking though that once she gets over being in the world three weeks early she may drop the attitude...a mother can hope at least!!
This picture of Mary Alice and Grandpa Dave is too precious for words!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is adorable!! Congratulations you guys. Thanks for putting pics up!!

Brittany said...

I totally remember begging the nurses for a c-section about five minutes before she was born. I told them they didn't even need to knock me out, NOTHING could be worse than the pain I was in. You're a true warrior girl! Miss you

Unknown said...

So Alexander and MAK are COMPLETE OPPOSITES! He is the happiest when he is the naked little chubby boy! So funny. I can't wait to come visit. This is killing me!