Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fairly Awesome Parenting

This summer had some really great parenting moments and some "fairly awesome parenting" moments (and hopefully you find yourself deep in the intended sarcasm by the end of this post).

One day I was upstairs putting Silas to bed. We were rocking in his room as he was finishing the last of his bottle. I heard Mary Alice downstairs start crying, but nothing too out of the ordinary, a second thought was not given. Once Sy finished, we went and brushed his teeth, said some prayers, and put him down (this is a potential 10 min time elapse). As I descended the stairs I heard a few faint whimpers, and as I rounded the corner to the living room I found this (see below). Of course, before rescuing my spawn, I left, found the camera and shot a couple shots. This was clearly an opportunity to not be wasted! Through the whimpers she kept saying, "Mama I fall. Mama I stuck!"


Then a few short days later, I again came down the stairs from putting a child to bed to find the male offspring attempting "extreme rocking cow" moves. I again, left, found the camera, and shot a few shots.

(Yes, he was watching shark week during "extreme rocking cow")

I did eventually move him! Oh, and I did eventually extricate her from the drum!

No comments: