Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 22

The Babe:
The babe's hands have grown bigger and stronger and the nerve endings in the fingers have developed the sense of touch. So they are in there testing out newfound abilities by touching the face and grabbing the umbilical cord. I already knew this but we are raising a little Einstein. The babe's brain is developing at a clip this week and will continue to do so until five years old!
What little hair there is, is now a short, bright white crop No matter what color it will end up—red, blonde, black—all babies' hair lacks pigment at this point. And in our case may ALWAYS lack pigment!!
The babe has started growing taste buds and may be able to detect strong flavors in the amniotic fluid. If this one is anything like their big sister they will LOVE strong flavors!
And the babe now weighs almost a pound and measures almost 11 inches from head to heel.

Me:
Had a doctors appointment yesterday and all appears to be well. I didn't even gain any weight this month...I am a bit curious about this but NOT complaining!!

Ben:
Has been working really hard on some end of the semester papers, which has equated to limited hours of sleep. Plus, as is usual timing, the duplex is having issues and he had to have the water heater replaced yesterday...not thrilled to say the least!

Mary Alice:
TEETHING!! It begins again!! Along with her budding new teeth, she has a budding new ever so strong-willed personality to boot! This week she actually rolled her eyes at me when I told her something...I was not the only witness to this event. I believe the comment that followed was, "Kate, you have only yourself to blame for this one!"

No comments: