Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 20

Well I am really late on this week, with spring break last week I found myself out a routine...though loving it!! I will just give you the highlights of the week.

At 20 weeks we are exactly half way through the pregnancy!! We also had our ultrasound and they say that we are right on schedule for 20 weeks, no surprises. We decided once again to forgo finding out the gender. There are few good surprises left in life and we decided to maintain this one. Also the same day we had our fetal echo done on the heart of this baby and we are ALL SYSTEMS GO!! We have a fully functioning heart and should have a completely healthy baby come August!! I didn't realize quite how nervous I was about potentially having a second child with heart issues, but there is a definite sense of relief and relaxation that has followed that appointment that I was not expecting. The excitement level has also kicked up notch!!
The sad part of this appointment was being in the waiting room with three other woman, who all went before me and all of whom received bad news about their babies. In fact we were the only "normal" heart the whole day! There was almost a sense of guilt as I walked out of the room and past a couple whose wailing you could hear from the waiting room over the news they received about their baby. I found myself in tears on my way home praying strength over that family, for this is just another opportunity for a miracle and I hope I am not the only one that asks on their behalf!

1 comment:

Denise Thomas said...

I am glad you decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Like you said, there are so few surprises left in life. "They" told me Samantha was a boy and "surprise" they were wrong so we didn't found out with Leanna.