The Babe:
It's all about packing on the pounds...for the babe this week. The babe is adding fat stores for warmth after birth, when I no longer can do that for them. Also this week the babe is hard at work honing the sucking and swallowing reflexes—all the better for eating that 2 AM (and 5 AM, and 8 AM ...) meal in a few months! Starting to dread such things. The finger and toenails are beginning to grow from their nail beds...yippee. The babe weighs nearly 4 ounces and is a little over 5 inches long—about the size of a baked potato.
Me:
This week sleep has been scarce, though mostly due to Mary Alice being up all hours of the night and Ben suffering from a cold and therefore snoring SO LOUD!!! So this week has been a rough one.
Ben:
Ben is back to work and school and all of the above. I think he is still mourning Spring Break!
Mary Alice:
Girlfriend has landed herself in the pack n' play in the spare bedroom with the door shut at night. She has slept better and so have I! I told Ben this morning I need these next couple months of sleep before it all gets turned upside down again!
Funny story this week. I took MAK with me to Walmart, which I almost never do, and here is why. I guess I made the mistake of giving her a mini baby doll to play with...I had no idea what was going to happen. She apparently decided that she needed to tell this baby her life story at a VOLUME I was unaware she could reach! Women kept peering around the car seat to see what was going on and just as I was starting to maybe get embarrassed the manager stopped me to see what was going on. She looked at MAK and said "Oh, she is occupied??" Yes, she was occupied, just TALKING or SHOUTING I guess is more like it. The next morning she spotted the baby on the couch and then had NO desire to drink her morning bottle...she hadn't eaten in 12 hours!! I think the baby is a winner!!
1 comment:
thanks for the update I so look forward to them!
mom
Post a Comment