Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 9

The babe:
This week our little tadpole takes a giant step up the evolutionary ladder and loses that pesky tail, looking a little more human, less amphibious. The babe is a healthy 1” this week -- around the size of a green olive, and weighs less than a penny. Perhaps the babe is growing hair follicles (although there's still a BIG chance I'll be giving birth to a baldy!) The pancreas, gallbladder, and bile ducts are all in place. The head is half the size of the body. This week the babe starts moving around...however, with the size of oven I am sporting currently there is plenty of room in there. The kidneys are starting to function and the spinal cord has now grown the full length of the spine. As if that weren't enough, then intestines are migrating from the umbilical cord into the growing abdominal cavity.

Me:
I heart Zofran!! I started teaching full-time this week. I firmly believe that I am not cut out for full-time work! There will need to be later posts on the first day back in action.

Ben:
Ben is so close to being completely done redoing the kitchen. He has painted, put in new counter tops,built a shelf, redid the outlets, put in a new sink, and back splash. He did all of this while he was sick with the flu. Though there was a couple of days where he did take it easy on the couch! Absolutely amazing!

Mimi:
This week she had her first ear infection, on top of teething and finally broke that top tooth through. Since she was vomiting everywhere and Ben was sure he was going to die, my whole nausea thing had to take a back seat! But Mary Alice is much better and feeling great. This week she started initiating peek-a-boo!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

You seem to have forgotten the days I spent in bed...