The Babe:
This week, our little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human. The babe’s eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of the soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming. Also sprouting webbed fingers and toes this week. Here is the BIG news the babe’s tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers (hopefully all the appropriate embellishments like the mitral valve are properly in place in the right size) and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. Our babe is now a little more than 1/2 inch long, about the size of a lima bean.
This week, our little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human. The babe’s eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of the soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming. Also sprouting webbed fingers and toes this week. Here is the BIG news the babe’s tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers (hopefully all the appropriate embellishments like the mitral valve are properly in place in the right size) and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. Our babe is now a little more than 1/2 inch long, about the size of a lima bean.
Me:
It seems like just yesterday that I said things like… “If I have to smell Ben’s cologne for one more second, I am going to lose my cookies. Wait, did someone say cookies?" Well, true maybe not “yesterday” but CLOSE! You know you are having your children close together when you walk into the OB’s office and nurse walking by recognizes you and calls you, albeit questionably, by name! Response, “I know…back so soon!” This either means I was just there or maybe it is just that I am the only white girl I have EVER seen in that office…you can pick one!
There are some definite differences between pregnancy #1 and #2, mostly thanks to my now completely shot and potentially complete lack of stomach muscles. Therefore, at only two months of pregnancy I appear to be a solid five (plus I never got around to loosing the weight after Mary Alice…bonus…I only have to loose the weight ONCE)! Second difference is that I got the prescription anti-nausea meds way sooner! So there shouldn’t be any blood vessels broken or the loss of 15 lbs during the first trimester. I gave it some serious thought about whether I wanted the 15 lbs gone or wanted to be among the living. I went with the living! Plus, it’s a lot harder to be sick when you have a Mary Alice!
Ben:
Like me, Ben is still settling in to the baby thing. Though he took it better than I thought he would! He has been taking good care of me and Mary Alice. Making and eating with me whatever random thing I decide I want for dinner. All the while he is working on remodeling the kitchen. I don’t how he does it but I sure am thankful that he does!
Mimi:
Mary Alice is currently talking to herself on the monitor and considering I don’t agree with the time she has chosen to wake up from her nap, she can continue to talk to herself for a while!
1 comment:
I'm laughing so hard... I've got to say, you guys being pregnant again makes me feel like less of an irresponsible person. I could have strangled that random lady in the grocery store who scolded me for "robbing" Em of her childhood. Okay, not strangled, but definitely wanted to tell her she was CRAZY to think people PLAN kids that close... unless they're that family of 22 from TLC. Keep the blogs coming!!
Post a Comment