By the end of this week, the babe will graduate from embryo to fetus, which literally means "little one." It also translates to "I'm just going to keep getting bigger and bigger and so are you!" Our sprout’s spurt continues this week -- finally, the babe's weight is measurable at a mere 4 grams (equivalent to just 4 paperclips!) and is the size of a pretty little strawberry. Our babe has finally morphed from a little tadpole into, well, a baby. Not only is the face more human-like, but that unflattering "tail" has disappeared, fusing into the spinal column. The babe now has discernible fingers and toes. The skeleton is starting to grow and harden. The ears are beginning to take shape and the eyelids are no longer transparent. Also tooth buds are forming. The babe's brain will make an incredible 25,000 new neurons every minute this week. Even though I feel like I'm losing as many as the babe is gaining.
Me:
Either the Zofran is no longer working or I am sicker with pregnancy #2...if that is even possible!! I continue to vomit on top of the Zofran, this never happened with Mary Alice. There is no reason to be keeping anything a secrete when at only 10 weeks I look like this:

Ben:
I feel like I haven't seen him at all this week...so your guess is as good as mine.
Mary Alice:
Mimi has started holding her own bottle this week!! And on a less positive note she has also started grinding her teeth.
1 comment:
Ahhh........I know I can always come here to read this and it will make me smile!! Sorry you aren't feeling well. Ben's exact words to me yesterday at church "she is puking all over the place!" Let's hope week 12 and it will all be over!!
Post a Comment